Thursday, November 29, 2007

Some days are diamonds ...

Some days are diamonds... Some days are stone.
Sometimes the hard times won't leave me alone.


It's an old John Denver tune that rambles through my mind on days that don't feel so good. Nothing particularly wrong today. I'm just going through withdrawal, feeling antsy, obsessing over an e-mail I got yesterday.

I laid down in my bed yesterday afternoon and literally giggled with delight over what a good day it had been and how good it felt to have the time and freedom to curl up for a nap.

Today, just ticking through that to do list that keeps getting longer has been like slogging through thick molasses. I've been angry and upset at little things that are none of my business. I could have gone to an Al-Anon meeting, but skipped it then got mad at someone else who isn't working her program properly.

I did reach out to some women in the SLAA program and even had the courage to ask one woman to sponsor me. But I've been afraid to pick up the phone and call her to see what her answer might be.

I did talk with my Al-Anon sponsor today though to schedule a meeting on Monday. Right after I get my yearly probing! Won't that be wonderful? Guess I better do some more 4th step work before I meet with her on Monday huh?

I also signed up for a new book group today that will meet next week to discuss Eat, Love and Pray. So, I'm looking forward to that.

I guess some days are mixed with diamonds and stones, huh?

1 comment:

Summer said...

That song always makes me cry.