Monday, January 31, 2005

Responsibility

I said to myself today:

You must begin to get to work on time. You must take your job responsibilities seriously. You must stop making excuses for not doing what needs to be done. You are being paid a salary. You need to have something to show for that.

You are getting your life in order, you are not lazy, you are not inefficient, you are not irresponsible. As a healthy person, you have to begin to demonstrate that.

You have no excuses -- at least not legitimate ones.

3 comments:

Zico said...

That sounds remarkably similar to what I regularly tell myself.

Rae said...

Does it ever work?

Zico said...

If you say it often enough it can have an impact. I don't know if it's worth the effort though, because you just end up feeling powerless when it doesn't.